Monday, September 1, 2008

Produce of the Week: Pomegranate. Power for your Prostate





A dear co-worker was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer, in its very very early stages. Doctors don't want to do anything aggressive, but just monitor.


He's increased his intake of pomegranate, due to its stabilizing effects on the PSA evels in men. Read more about it here in this WebMD article.


My first memory of pomegranates is from when we lived in California as children. My schoolmates and I would snatch pomegranates off trees on the way home from school. I remember cracking one open with my mom and discovering the hundreds of little seeds inside. And I learned about how badly they stain clothing!


Now I know of their high antioxidant qualities, very high levels of vitamin C and polyphenols. View more nutritional information here from pomwonderful.com

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: